Multithreaded application not behaving as expected?
There are powerful tools to diagnose the root cause of bugs in multithreaded programs. But most engineers have only just scratched the surface of what they can do.
What you will learn in this course:
- How to debug multiple threads in GDB
- How to use ThreadSanitizer (TSan) to easily debug race conditions
- How to use Helgrind for detecting thread synchronization errors
- How to use time travel debugging to quickly reproduce issues
- How to use thread fuzzing to expose concurrency bugs
MORE ABOUT YOUR TRAINER
Dr Greg Law
Greg is a renowned C/C++ conference speaker, expert in C/C++ debugging, and founder of Undo (the time travel debugging company for Linux).
Greg has 20 years’ experience in the software industry and has held development and management roles at the pioneering British computer firm Acorn, as well as fast-growing start ups, NexWave and Solarflare.
Greg holds a PhD from City University, London. He lives in Cambridge, UK where he founded Undo to help ease the pain of debugging complex software.